Te Horo School - Actions Speak Louder than Words - Ma Te Mahi Kihai Te Korero

Search   

Enrolment Zone

ENROLMENT SCHEME: TE HORO SCHOOL 

HOME ZONE

All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at the school.

The western boundary is the sea.

Moving inland in a west to east direction the northern boundary is the Otaki River. Note also to the north-east the home zone includes addresses in Parenga Road, Kaitawa Road and Waihoanga Road on the northern side of the Otaki River, which are accessed off Otaki Gorge Road.

The eastern boundary is the Tararua Ranges.

Moving inland in a west to east direction the southern boundary is a line from the sea to the intersection of Paetawa Road and Rutherford Drive (near the oxidation ponds) and then to State Highway One. This boundary is a line such that Paetawa Road is in zone, Rutherford Drive is not in zone, End Farm Road is not in zone and Greenhill Road is in zone.

The southern boundary extends north along State Highway One to a point north of Huia Street and then heads east to the Tararua Ranges. Note that Huia Street addresses are not in zone. Hadfield Road and Octavius Road addresses are in zone.  

All residential addresses on included sides of boundary roads and all no exit roads off included sides of boundary roads are included in the zone unless otherwise stated. 

Proof of residence within the home zone will be required. 

Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students may be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the Board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone. 

OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS

Each year the Board will determine the number of places, if any, which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. If there are places, the Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received. 

Please Note: Proof of address of residence must be supplied and sighted by the school eg power bill.

Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:

First Priority                  This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.

Second Priority            will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.

Third Priority                 will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.

Fourth priority               will be given to applicants who are children of former students.

Fifth priority                  will be given to applicants who are either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.

Sixth priority                 will be given to all other applicants.

If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. 

Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.

Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.